Monday 3 September 2012

Rondje Hobrede

During the summer holidays I stayed in Purmerend where my running career started and ran one of the back then longer training rounds. I took my camera with me to put up some pictures of the absolutely flat countryside I used to train in. For local runners I have included the route as well. The first kilometer is just getting out of town and soon we leave town through a small tunnel underneath the highway.



Coming out of the tunnel the small village Kwadijk provides a nice picture with its remarkable water-tower that is a landmark that can be seen from very far away.



The village is a typical stretched out line of many houses along the main street. Going right and at the local bar to the left I enter the countryside behind the village enjoying the strong wind that blows today.


At some moment a farmer on his tractor greets me and while he enters a field I continue the way to the next village Hobrede.



I remember this used to be very far away eventhough it is only some 5k up to here. I run through the quiet village and leave by the bridge that crosses the "Beemster ringvaart" a canal that surrounds on of the polders here and a great place to go iceskating in wintertime. 





After while I come back to the other end of Kwadijk and once again cross the canal and continue on the other side of it to have a last glance at the water-tower.



Back in Purmerend I enter the town over "the little bridge" as we used to called it.


Great run with great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment