Sunday 28 May 2017

Cursa Diagonal DIR - 10k

After only one week of recovery another 10k on a course more flat so better for setting a Personal Best. I went running from home to the start area at the beginning of the Diagonal some 30 minutes at easy pace. I dropped my bag and did some more warm up exercises. Today it was really warm in spite of starting at 8h30 am. I am still far away from feeling strong at the start but at least some little pains I had during the week have subdued and I can run comfortably. The start is smooth and we have space inmediately, but to my surprise in spite of running fast I pass the first kilometer in 4 minutes. So I up my pace a bit and I am even more surprised to pass 2k in 8 minutes. I start to doubt about the validaty of those markers, also hearing more comments of runners around me. At 3k all of a sudden I am running near 37 minutes pace passing in 11m10. That is going to cost me later on, having started so fast, with the marker confusion. I try to stay relaxed and keep pace and pass 5k in 19m19s which is way to fast. Just after the 6k marker we leave the diagonal for a while and that part of the course goes up and down quite a bit, so I take it easy here going up to above 4m/k. Once back on the diagonal I am tired and try to get back at 4m/k pace. The kilometers are still marked chaotically so I can only run as fast as I can now and I will know at the finish line whether it was enough or not. So after the final turn I push out some sort of a sprint and finish in 39m41s. Judging the irregular pace I think that is a great time. In 3 weeks the next 10k race, though training will shift more to mountain running.

No comments:

Post a Comment