Sunday 7 May 2017

Cursa Bombers - 10k

Finally!!! Running again and starting to enjoy it!!! In spite of recovering well of the triple ultra trail effort last year I guess more deep down my body needed some rest. After many years of repeating 10k training during fall/winter/spring, changing into marathon training in spring and then into mountain running for summer and fall without any breaks somewhat before Christmas last year I had to stop. After a full break of about a month and then a slow and easy start combined with a rest squat program my knees accepted running again. Last month I already had a fun first appetizer, running the Cursa del Corte Ingles with Emma and Jordi. Last week I went to Montserrat with the Collserola Mountain Runners and today it was on!!! 10k. No clue about what pace I could hold sustainably and with sore muscles of last tuesday's sprint training, so my warm up mostly consisted of just running around in Parc de la Ciutadella near the start area with some easy accelerations and nothing else. Somehow they still give me access to the fastest start box, though my times of the last years no longer are compatible, but it allows for a much smoother start. Some five minutes after the firefighters were shot away (they run in full outfit!!!! hats off for them!!!) we were shot away and the first 2k went by quite ok, though the sore muscles don't allow for perfect smooth running. Today will be more like a training in many ways. The first 4k are mainly uphill, not much, but enough for making it noticable, and when I finally arrive at the highest point I know running under 40 minutes will be impossible. I pass the 5k marker in 19m56, but already somewhat tired. I can maintain the 4m/k pace untill the 7k marker, after that my hamstrings start sending signals that they are running at the limit so I slow down a bit and run the last 3k at a very steady pace but without sprinting to finish and as such my final time was 40m41 today. Last year around the same time I remember I also struggled to go under 40 minutes, so I am very happy with how I felt today. Two weeks of recovery and training and we will run the next 10k!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment