Monday 14 April 2014

Cursa dels Bombers - 10k

Sometimes it just isn't your day. I trained well last week, but still, this morning as soon as I started to warm up I felt like it was going to be struggle. I finished my warmup well, but had not understood that the race started at 10am, thinking it was a quarter before. Anyway, as usual, this race has a nice show before and during the start and at least I was in a good position at the front and finally we were shot away.

The first meters were very crowded, I did not look back, but it seemed like a few people tripped and I just started slowly looking for the right space to move onwards. After a few hundred meters we started to settle in a pace and the first kilometer went by in 3m47. The second was more relaxed and 7m20 was quite ok, but like I felt in the beginning, things were not going easy. The third kilometer goes uphill and I came closer to the 4m/k limit passing in 11m17. Just about when I arrived at the Gran Via, starting a long stretch that was flat I was passed by the 37 minutes pacer and I knew I could not follow. The group that went with the pacer very slowly pulled away from me and I passed the 5k in 18m40, just like last week, but without hills today. The rest of the race I just maintained pace just under four minutes per kilometer and when I look onto the final stretch I looked for Montse and Jordi. Jordi was the photographer today and made this nice shot of me, sports photography is not easy!!!






All in all, I guess the warm weather and travelling the week before did not help in my performance today. I will "play" with other variables, though the mountain season is here and I think I will concentrate fully on that this year, while continuing to practice forefoot running.

No comments:

Post a Comment