Sunday 7 May 2023

Cursa del Corte Inglés 2023 - 10k

Over the past few months training for next weeks 70k mountain race was alternated with weeks of lower back pain, so today after 7 weeks of training without interruption I went out fot an easy 10k race to test longs and legs and know a bit of where I stand in my overall physical condition.

I arrived early in the start area and did a good warmup before going to my start box and wait for the start at 9a.m. Different from the previous days it was cloudy and though it was not really raining some scattered drops were falling from the sky. Since the Diagonal where we the first 3k is very wide, right from the beginning we all had space to run and I quickly settled in a good rhytm, probably way too fast, but without any pace training lately it is hard to feel what I can do. The first 3k all went in low 4m pace and though that is very fast for me now I felt I was holding back. Up to 5k where I passed in 21m03s I felt really good. From there on I had to slow down, though I could still run under 4m30 pace. The air somehow irritated my throat and to cough from time to time to try and reduce the itchy feeling, but luckily it did not hinder my running. The course was perfect for running a decent time. Very flat and with long straight stretches where you could see the next kilometer marking from far away. The last kilometer I had no strength for sprinting but I am very happy with finishing in 43m31. It has been a long time that I finished in below 44m and without really training speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment