Sunday 29 May 2022

Cursa DIR Diagonal - 10k

 After about a week of a mild summer cold and thus not really the best preparation today another 10k. The start was a bit further up Diagonal than the previous 10k over a month ago but also we would leave it earlier to only turn back onto it for the last few kilometers.

This time too I ran down to the start area as part of my warm up. This time no injuries or other reasons to hold back but also knowing that my lungs and condition would likely be to up to full capacity yet.


At 8h30 we were counted down for the start and I tried to quickly settle into a good pace. The good thing of the Diagonal is that it is very wide so almost immediately you have room to run. After a first kilometer in 4m06 and a second in 4m00 I guessed I probably went out to fast, but without much pace training lately that is understandable. Up to 5k in 21m20 I was feeling ok, but from there on I could no longer sustain pace below 4m30 and finished seconds over the 45m barrier in 45m06. Still quite ok considering having had the health issues. From here on it is back to mountain training for the next Trail Race probably in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment