Sunday 28 June 2015

Cursa la Maquinista - 10k

This was the last 10k in the 10k.cat series of this season. I ran today just for points. Doing well enough hopefully for once again entering in the first 250 male runners of this competition.

It was very warm today and after the 2 mountain training sessions earlier this week I was mainly running to complete 10k in good fashion, but certainly had no hopes for a spectacular time.

This year we started inside the shopping mall that organizes this race. Very crowded and very narrow, though on the other hand it emphasizes the popular run spirit. I start easy and soon know that under 4 minutes pace today would be to fast. The course is going up and down a lot and between that and the heat I passed 5k well above 20 minutes, and a negative split was not in my mind. I just kept running as fast as I could without going really deep and finished in 41m41, what considering everything I am happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment