Sunday 28 September 2014

Cursa de la Mercè - 10k

The days after the Matagalls-Montserrat I had a swollen right foot, probably because of tieing my shoelaces too tight. So I did not do any running on monday and tuesday and did some very easy running on wednesday and thursday. On those two runs I ran best running of my forefoot in reactive style and apart from other sore spots had my glutes complaining, so this morning I was curious to see how running a 10k would go.

I arrived nicely on time and warmed up for a long time and the sensations were not bad at all. With about 15 minutes to go I went to my starting box and waited for the countdown for the start. I started relatively slow and the first 2k went by in 7m40. Up to the 5k I could more or less run 3m55 per kilometer but the 6th kilometer was hard and I went up to 4m15. Then I found more rhythm again and I passed 8k just above 32 minutes, so under 40 minutes would be hard with the slight but very noticable uphill of the Paralel still to come. The 9th kilometer I did in exactly 4 minutes, but eventhough I pushed hard and even sprinted a bit in the end I finished just above 40 minutes. Still very happy with that. During the race my left leg and glute was not comfortable and relaxed and in general I was still a bit tired from the long effort of last weekend so this was an excellent time.

Back to the mountains again, and more 10k in november.

No comments:

Post a Comment