Sunday 20 January 2013

Cursa Sant Antoni - 10k

Continuing to be in good shape with another 37m00!!! I tried hard to improve my PB but it was not to be today. Yesterday it was cold and rainy and we were very lucky to start the day with a little wind and only a few clouds and no rain to be seen at all. After a good warmup I entered the first box and after some 10 minutes we were shot away.


 The first few meters (I am on the right)


The first 20 meters were a bit rough but we found rythm very quickly and the first kilometer went by nicely in a low 3 minutes, later confirmed at the second kilometer mark with 7m06. Running along the Gran Via nice and straight I maintained excellent pace and the 3rd and 4th kilometer went by running 20 seconds under the 37 minutes schedule and I arrived at the half-way mark in 18m05. The sixt kilometer went by very well too still maintaining the 20 seconds under schedule and even the 7th kilometer that goes slightly uphill I maintained good pace. Up to the 8th I started to struggle a bit and most of all during the ninth kilometer I lost my pace and margin passing 5 seconds behind schedule now. I had just enough push left to arrive at exactly 37 minutes! Happy with repeating a very good mark and now onto longer distances for the next two months and starting with strength and mountain training already!

With the finish line in sight


No comments:

Post a Comment