Sunday 4 November 2012

Cros de Sants - 10k

After a week of rest and only one training sessión we left home on a grey sunday morning for the next 10k in the Barcelona 10k series near the Barcelona Sants Railwaystation. The start was chaotic having to turn after 10 meters but soon we stretched out and around the first kilometer mark I could run at my own pace. I was still feeling tired because of the mountain marathon of last week and passing the first kilometer in 3m40 was quite ok. The second somehow went much too fast and I passed in 7m10 and then I settled for a better pace passing the 3k mark in 10m56. The 4k mark was in the finish area and I was starting to feel really tired already but with 14m46 was still maintaining pace.

 
And soon we entered the second round and I passed the halfway mark in 18m40. From then on I do my best to maintain pace, but I am too tired already to even remember the times. The last kilometer starts slightly uphill and I try to go faster without really sprinting but I cannot maintain such a high pace, so only when I turned up the last hundred meters to the finish line I sprinted to finish in 38m27s which is a pretty good time considering all circumstances!

No comments:

Post a Comment