Monday 21 May 2012

Cursa Nou Barris - 10k

After a rainy night and morning the streets were still wet when I arrived at the sports centre Can Dragò where I left my backpack after taking off the extra clothes. During the warmup I still noticed the race of yesterday ofcourse, but not as much as I feared. This race has no grouping by time, but the atmosphere was very relaxed and I could walk up to just behind the fasted runners and have a good start position.

The start was more relaxed too, maybe 50 meters of some pushing, but then there was already room enough to run a regular pace. I did not see the 1st nor the 2nd kilometer sign so the first pace indication was at 3k in 11m30, which was faster than I imagined. Up to the 5k mark there was quite a lot of uphill to run and passing just within 20 minutes was quite ok. From there on we went slowly downhill and I passed the 7k mark in 27m35. Slowly the race of yesterday is noticable and maintaining pace is not easy and the last kilometer contrary to earlier races I have no push left except for the very last meters when we enter an athetic track field and I sprint as fast as I can to finish in 39m22, which considering the race of yesterday and the hilly course of today I am very happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment