Sunday 22 April 2012

Cursa dels Bombers - 10k

One week after la Cursa del Corte Ingles and with little training since the marathon four weeks ago, la Cursa dels Bombers was a good test to check how I am physically. This run is always "full" in a few days and seeing how it is organized with a nice show just before the start I now understand why.

The first kilometer was very crowded, luckily it is more or less straight and it goes by in 3m44. The second kilometer I tried to find a good pace, but it is still to crowded and you constantly had to pass people, still the time was ok, 7m33. I pass the 2,5k time point and up to the 5k in 19m07 things go well eventhough I know 38m is totally impossible today. As always untill 8k I struggle to maintain pace, and then pick up again to have a strong finish.

Just coming into the last straight to the finish-line my left hamstring has a tiny muscle-tear but it does not bother me running so I can cross the finish in a very reasonable time of 38m44. In a month more running for now recovering and starting with mountain training.

No comments:

Post a Comment