Sunday 2 October 2011

1/2 Maratò de Collserola

And we are running again!!! After a few weeks of no running due to a tendinitis in the achilles tendon, today it was time to come back to enjoying a good mountain run. After a long warm up at 8:30 we set of for a rather steep uphill, which at some parts I walked. After that a very long downhill that after a while changed a broad path for a very narrow and windy one through the forests of Collserola. After 35 minutes I arrived at the first checkpoint. I decided to slow down a little in order to not compromise to much my tendon. The path continued to be narrow and more rocky going up a small hill and soon down again. At the bottom of the hill we continued on a broad a slightly uphill path upto St. Medir a small hermitage where the 2nd check point was setup, where I arrived at 1h05m. Soon after the long climb to the highest point of the race started and I still felt quite ok. Just before the top we passed checkpoint 3 around 1h27m. The last part up was somewhat steeper and I slowed down considerably there and after passing the top was lacking strength - after some many days without training that did not surprise me - to go downhill fast eventhough the pace was quite ok. Just before the finish someone came up from behind and for fun I sprinted to stay ahead to complete the race in 1h56m24s. Lots of water and a good massage completed the event, happy to feel this is possible again.

No comments:

Post a Comment